The University of British Columbia (UBC), located in the vibrant city of Vancouver, embraces this notion through its array of Undergraduate Scholarships. More than just financial assistance, these scholarships embody UBC’s commitment to fostering academic excellence, nurturing leadership, and creating a diverse and inclusive community of scholars. With a focus on recognizing and empowering exceptional students, UBC Undergraduate Scholarships pave the way for a future of limitless potential.
Diverse Scholarship Avenues
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Honoring academic brilliance, these scholarships recognize students who consistently excel in their studies and embody the pursuit of knowledge.
- Leadership Scholarships: UBC values leadership as a force for change. These scholarships acknowledge individuals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities through their contributions to their schools, communities, or organizations.
- Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships: Celebrating the power of diverse perspectives, these scholarships promote inclusivity by providing opportunities for underrepresented groups to thrive in their educational journey.
- People, Culture and Society.
- History, Law and Politics.
- Languages and Linguistics.
- Media and Fine arts.
- Business and Economics.
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability.
- Health and Life Sciences.
- Engineering and Technology.
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics.
Application and Selection Process
Applying for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships involves a combination of academic achievement, leadership experiences, and potential for impact. Applicants typically apply for admission to their desired program and express their interest in available scholarships. Depending on the scholarship, additional materials such as essays, recommendation letters, or personal statements might be required to assess alignment with scholarship criteria.
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
Eligibility Criteria for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships
To qualify for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English is the primary language of instruction in UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
Check also Ontario Trillium Scholarship
How to Apply for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for these scholarships:
Please note: Submit documents showing you meet the minimum English Language Admission Standard by February 15
To know more about the Outstanding International Student Award, please visit official website:
Conclusion: Transforming Futures
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships epitomize the university’s dedication to fostering academic brilliance, leadership, and global impact. By providing not only financial support but also avenues for personal and intellectual development, these scholarships empower students to embark on transformative journeys. UBC’s commitment to excellence and the cultivation of leaders solidifies its position as an institution that nurtures potential, fosters innovation, and empowers individuals to pursue their dreams and shape a brighter future.