The University of Calgary, nestled in the vibrant city of Calgary, Alberta, recognizes the importance of providing opportunities for students to excel academically and realize their dreams. Through its diverse array of scholarships, the university not only assists students in achieving their educational goals but also promotes leadership, innovation, and positive societal impact. These scholarships stand as a testament to the University of Calgary’s commitment to empowering students and shaping future leaders.
University of Calgary Scholarship 2024-2025 are fully funded scholarship for international students. $20,000 (renewable annually) is offered to international students entering the first year in the Fall Term in any undergraduate degree program.
The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of international students beginning their undergraduate studies.
Diverse Scholarship Categories
- Entrance Scholarships: These scholarships extend a warm welcome to incoming students, celebrating their academic achievements and potential. They provide a stepping stone for students as they embark on a journey of academic exploration and growth.
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Recognizing sustained academic excellence, these scholarships honor students who have demonstrated exceptional scholastic accomplishments and a commitment to their educational pursuits.
- Leadership Scholarships: The University of Calgary places great value on leadership as a force for positive change. These scholarships commend students who display exceptional leadership qualities and a dedication to making a difference in their communities.
Application and Selection Process
The application process for University of Calgary Scholarships involves meeting eligibility criteria and submitting the necessary documents. Typically, applicants apply for admission to their desired program and express their interest in available scholarships. Depending on the scholarship, additional materials such as essays, letters of recommendation, or personal statements might be required to assess alignment with scholarship criteria.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Science.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Business.
- Faculty of Environmental Design.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Faculty of Social Work.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- School of Education.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Nursing.
- For more information click here.
University of Calgary Scholarships are of the following types:
- Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship: $20,000 (Renewable)
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship: $20,000 (Renewable)
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students
To qualify for the University of Calgary Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship:
- Offered annually to an international student entering the first year in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Calgary. Renewable in the second, third, and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Must have graduated from a recognized high school in China, including Hong Kong and Macau
- Preference to a student entering the Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Health Sciences, or Bachelor of Arts – Urban Studies program
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
- Offered annually to undergraduate international students entering first year in any undergraduate degree in the upcoming fall term who have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement. Renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
- International students who are required to pay a differential fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada
- Academic merit.
Also apply for USA PhD Scholarships
How to Apply for University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
(1) Apply for your undergraduate program at the university:
- You can start your application. Begin by creating a UCalgary eID.
- Use the application guide to help you with your application.
- Submit your application and pay your $145 application fee.
- Based on your application, we’ll let you know in your Calgary Student Center how and where to submit any required documents. Visit the documents page for more information.
(2) Apply for the Scholarship, Follow the next steps:
- Access your Student Center in your myUofC portal.
- In your Student Center, click on the “My Financials” page.
- Scroll down to the Awards & Scholarships section, and click on “Apply for Undergraduate Awards”. Please ensure popups are enabled. If popups are blocked the page will not display.
- A pop-up window will open on your screen with any open applications or ones that recently closed. Please pay attention to the Application Available and Application Deadline dates.
To learn more about the University of Calgary International Scholarship, please visit the official website:
University of Calgary Scholarships embody the institution’s dedication to fostering academic excellence, leadership, and global impact. By providing not only financial support but also avenues for personal and intellectual growth, these scholarships empower students to pursue their aspirations and contribute to a brighter future. The University of Calgary’s commitment to excellence and the cultivation of leaders solidifies its position as an institution that elevates potential, fosters innovation, and empowers individuals to achieve their dreams and influence the world positively.